The Federal Retirement Benefits environment can be a complex place for federal employees preparing to live a financially successful retirement. Federal Benefits Educators’ (FBE) objectives are threefold:
- Provide educational training seminars designed to provide federal employees, civilian or uniformed service, with the facts and information they require to make decisions regarding their federal retirement benefits.
- Increase utilization of training by providing both federal agencies and federal employees with a no-cost alternative to other methods of delivering federal retirement benefits seminars.
- Enable voluntary access to independent financial professionals who provide financial services to federal employees and their families.
FBE actively conducts training sessions on the following Federal Retirement Systems:
- CSRS and CSRS Offset
- FERS and CSRS Special Provision (law enforcement, air traffic controllers, firefighters, etc.)
- Thrift Savings Plan
- FEGLI, Medical and Disability Elements of each Retirement System